Friday, August 20, 2010

BE BRAVE.

Hey Ladies :) This is my devotion I get from Baseball Chapel everyday & today I wanted to share it with you... Its about being BRAVE. I am so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zones & pushing yourselves in bootcamp. There are areas in our life where we feel alone or scared... Joshua 1:9 tells us God is with us wherever we go :) so don't be afraid! 

(we had this as our verse a few weeks ago,remember?!? what a good reminder!) 

Go to youtube & listen to Nicole Nordemans song called Brave :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-OIHCiVOU

Love you all & proud to serve you! Make it a great day!
Sarah Grace




Be Brave


Date: August 20, 2010

Be brave. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.   Joshua 1:9

A long time ago, at the beginning of our baseball career, I found a shirt with Joshua 1:9 on it. We were with the Braves organization at the time – so I just thought that was cool! As time passed and I began to experience the constant moving that comes with baseball, the challenge and promise of Joshua 1:9 came to be very special and very personal. It became my favorite verse.

During the past 16 years, I would estimate that we have moved about every 3 months. There may have been one time that we stayed in the same town for the entire baseball season. Other than that, though, we have been moved up, down and sideways! And then, of course, there are the 6 week stints for Spring Training. And the months of Winter Ball in the Dominican Republic during the “off season.”
Believe it or not, when I was pregnant with our daughter we moved ELEVEN times and had NINE different obstetricians. We met the doctor that delivered our precious first baby only 24 hours before she was delivered!
Change has been constant.
Now that our time in baseball is over, I am not always sure how to handle being stationary. There are so many positives to a "normal life." Only one house payment and no rent! My children making friends and not having to move! Having everything unpacked!
I know that God is with me and trust Him as I learn.


Prayer: Thank you Lord for all the many experiences you have blessed me with. Please help me to be brave as we transition out of our nomadic lifestyle.

Suggested Reading: Joshua 1

-- Keeley Bowie

No comments:

Post a Comment